Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bald eagles at Golden Ponds

We tried out a new trail in Longmont last week, and I didn't feel like carrying my camera even though I knew there'd be incredible views of the mountains. I instantly regretted it as we saw four bald eagles — right off the busiest road in town.

So we went back, and I didn't forget my camera this time, hoping they'd still be hanging out. We didn't see four like last time, but we did catch two of them on a nearly 70-degree day in March. Perfection.

One was just sitting on a tree branch and people could walk right up to the tree without him flinching. The other flew around briefly before soaring away.



This is a horrible picture, but I somehow caught him in a dive for a fish, which is still pretty cool.



And it was one of those days that remind us exactly why we live in Colorado. We slathered up on sunscreen and it was warm enough to sweat on a long stroll in March.




We were walking close to the airport, and they were dropping skydivers nearly every 30 minutes. Crazy people, but I bet those views are amazing on the way down.


No comments:

Post a Comment