Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A new beginning

Well here I am, a journalism major just now getting into the world of blogging. I read so many blogs, but never got around to making one of my own, mostly for the reason that I had no idea what kind of platform on which to write. I'm a sportswriter, but how many more Pittsburgh sports bloggers does the world really need? Don't get me wrong, I'll still be weighing in on my beloved Steelers and Penguins, especially now during the quest for the Stanley Cup. I have too many opinions on the public affairs of sports to not share them.

I also love food, but don't know enough technicalities to write a food blog -- all I know is that is tastes good. Travel is my other passion, and of course living in the Northwest and a soon-to-come honeymoon in August will lead to travel posts. I guess I'll just be writing about how I'm adjusting to married life 3,000 miles away from home, in a place where Steeler fans are few and far between, and it's too difficult to find a good steak for a cheap price.

But don't expect frivolous tales of my life. I'll be living with two cats and a boy who prefers to wear jeans and a Browns t-shirt over going out for a fancy night on the town. Luckily, I'm the same way, minus sporting the hideous brown and orange. Besides, Coos Bay isn't the most hopping place to be in the Northwest, and especially not when you don't know anyone your own age. Being a 20-something in a coastal town should be interesting. At least we'll have each other.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have you know that my orange and brown is beautiful. And, being a Browns fan, you know that I'll never have commitment issues...

    ReplyDelete