Monday, April 4, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes I wish I had red hair, but then I realize I much prefer my dark hair, and dye costs too much and would fry my soft hair anyway.

Sometimes I wish I could take spontaneous trips to random places all over Oregon on the weekends, but then I realize I love the act of planning things, and hate the idea of going into something completely blind.

Sometimes I wish I made more money, then I realize that I'd still buy Safeway brands at the grocery store and pay $10 for a haircut. Their food actually tastes great, and I just pull my hair back anyway.

Sometimes I wish I were thinner so I could more easily buy nice clothes, but then I remember that I'd look just like everyone else, and my muscles burn more calories just walking to and from my desk at work anyway.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have a sweet tooth so I could eat more healthful, but desserts taste too good, and life just wouldn't be worth it if you couldn't indulge in some cake every now and again.

Sometimes I wish I had a normal 9-5 job that didn't tax my mind as much, but then I get to do things like this:



...and realize that my job is pretty darn cool.

Sometimes I wish I could have a house now, but then I remember the longer we wait and save money, the better chance we have to get a house on some land in the middle of nowhere. And that really is what I want, deep down.


No comments:

Post a Comment